Music to lift the spirits




Dull December days need some cheering up.  I recently saw a fantastic square piano on Eliza's blog, which she kindly informed me was made by Mell Prescott.  Sadly, a thorough, frantic search of the net didn't turn out to be fruitful.  So I have to content myself with a piano stool for the moment.


I must be missing my summer roses, as they all turned out to be shades of yellow and apricot, which I think works on the quite bright blue silk.  You can barely see it, but the lyre has a row of miniscule buttonhole stitches to give it some texture.


Well, I thought, my woodworking skills are notoriously bad (I can't ever seem to cut a straight line, and I know it is ME rather than the TOOLS that are at fault!), but I'd like to have a go at making a square piano.  

Just until I'm lucky enough to come across a Mell one!

So if you half close your eyes, and squint a bit, maybe looking through your fingers, you might be able to imagine this:


Turning into this:


Jonquil


Comments

  1. The Piano stool looks great, Jonquil and I am sure the piano will turn out fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The piano is fantastic.
    I like your piano stool.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your piano looks like it's off to a great start! I love the embroidery you did on the bench. I like that the colour combination is a bit unusual, but you're right, it really does work! Can't wait to see it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The piano stool is lovely - beautifully stiched and I think you might just surprise yourself with your piano. Stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastico lavoro, come sempre dopotutto! Il piano e' molto bello

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jonquil,
    I don't need to squint, I think you are off to a fantastic start. I know you'll do a fantastic job on this one. Your needlework , as always, is just lovely and beutifully delicate.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts