Christmas Round Up

Thank you to everyone who celebrated their Christmas on their blogs - I didn't have time, sadly, but I did read your posts and wished I could join in!  So Merry Late Christmas everyone.

This holiday was difficult because I couldn't do any mini-ing at all - my work room is also the spare room, and was full f guests.  But the last of the Christmas cake has finally been finished and everyone has left, so I can quietly get back to my favourite hobby.

I participated in Cockerina's Christmas Swap this year, and as soon as she says it is ok, I'll post pictures of what I made her.  As you can imagine, it was something embroidered (surprise, surprise!).  I received a lovely little package from Natalia, full of Christmas bits and bobs, and I can't wait to have time to use them... next year!  So thank you very much Natalia!

I received some lovely minis from my family, and was particularly pleased with these bird ornaments made by Rachel at V&R Miniatures.  They will grace the mantle piece in the bedroom.


An antique mosaic frame and a 19th century silver pan 


With the tiniest chasing around the side:



I hope you had a wonderful Christmas too!

Jonquil


PS- Dolly Adoption!



I am not a doll person, though I do own two antique dollshouse dolls.  This little one, however, needs a home, as I have no use for her, and I'm sure someone could love her better than me!  If  you could give her a home, I would be so pleased, and I will pay all postage costs.  If you would like to give her a home, just leave a comment below and I will get in touch.  Obviously, the first person who responds will recieve her.

Comments

  1. Oh, gosh, I love dolls, especially antique ones, so I am very interested. Glad you had a lovely Christmas and I love all your gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very nice doll.
    You received many wonderful mini gifts.
    Happy 2013!!
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Che che bei regali hai ricevuto! La cornice è bellissima! Bella l' idea della dolly-adozione. A saperlo prima avremmo potuto metterla nel mio pacchetto. A proposito... Il tuo ricamo per me sarà il mio regalo di Natale. Non vedo l' ora che arrivi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jonquil, glad to read you had a wonderful Christmas. The gifts you received are gorgeous, enjoy it all! The little antique doll is so wonderful, unfortunately I am not the first.....
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me hubiera encantado esa adopción , pero no he llegado la primera , es adorable. Gracias de todas formas .
    Feliz año nuevo:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jonquil
    Thanks for the lovely message. As much as you enjoyed your guests, I hope you can get back to the spare room soon ;-)
    Best wishes
    Simon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Christmas is a busy time and miniatures have to be put aside, but it is so nice to get together with family. What a lovely collection of gifts you received. I too have just the bassinet for your little darling but sadly not the first to arrive.

    I think I must have a look at V&R miniatures, your birds are beautiful.

    Happy New Year!

    ML Fi xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts