Parlour Half Finished!



 Gosh, it doesn't seem that long ago that I started this project, and considering I have very little spare time, I'm quite happy that I've got this far!  Here's a little tour of the parlour room box...  there's still so much to do!







  A temporary table made from an upturned box (I'm saving up for a proper tilt table!)




  The half moon table complemented by Ray's curtains



    Can you guess what the candlestick is made from?

     The reason I am a bit chuffed about getting this far is that the room box was a sort of test, to see if I had the time and reources to take on a proper house - a big project when you have work to do and twin toddler boys running around creating havoc! 

    In a way, I guess it is a bit like giving myself permission to launch, though the next hurdle is creating the alcove shelf out of wood, which will be my first attempt at the dreaded woodwork!

Comments

  1. I think it looks splendid -- all the proportions are so pleasing, and I love the gentle colour scheme! I think the answer to the question is YES! You're ready for a house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The parlor looks great and I am happy you have time for mini's with two twin boys. One of my next commissions is a tilt-top table, I am looking forward to make that. Good luck with the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The parlour looks great, I like the way it has been furnished, and remember seeing several of the pieces featured on your blog over the past few months, it's good to see them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely room and I thought the temporary table fitted in there very well! I think you're ready for a house too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jonquil,
    I think your work is fantastic. I swear I feel that I could just walk into the room...it is SO realistic. I do hope you take on a bigger project because I think you are extremely talented!
    Hugs to you and the boys,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts