Miniature 17th Century Stumpwork Mirror













 

Comments

  1. It's magnificent, I really admire your talent for your embroidery. The characters are exquisite, my favourite is the mermaid.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. Your embroidery is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me encanta. Es una idea muy original.

    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  4. ¡Esos bordados son IMPRESIONANTES! El espejo ha quedado precioso.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love stumpwork. It was hardly made on the continent. At least not nearly half as much as on the British Isles. I love this mirror frame too. Is it your own creation or have you used an antique example?

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Jonquil, this is gorgeous ! The stitches are so perfect and the colors beautiful, and the figures imaginative and so well done! What a treat to see the detail so close-up! How Did you get the face on that Mermaid????? Unbelievable!!! Amazing!!! I look forward to seeing more! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know if you know this Jonquil, but whenever I read your posts, I IMMEDIATELY find myself smiling and feeling uplifted! Your Super fine embroidery skills and your original patterns which you seem to whip up from out of nowhere- leave me in Awe and Wonder and then when I see how you've enhanced you dollhouse to showcase your enormous creativity, well... that's when I become conscious of my smile growing wider and wider! This GORGEOUS embroidered mirror frame your now showing, is as FANTASTIC as your tiny Stump-work sewing box which makes me want to stand up and cheer since I don't think my smile can get any bigger! 😄 BRAVO!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts