Le Saint Valentin

 


I received a beautiful bouquet of pink striped tulips today, and put them in my 19th century Delft tulipière.  I thought I'd share them with you to wish everybody a Happy Valentine's Day


A few years ago I asked  Rachel Williamsto make a miniature version of my tulipière, which she did beautifully.  I filled it with striped tulips made from cold porcelain.  I love the fact that I have a full size vase and a miniature version. 



When the vase is empty, it has such a strange shape, but when it is filled with tulips it looks lovely.  Almost a magical transition.



Rachel has listed the tulipière on her website for ordering, in case you would like to own a miniature version.  The real life version is antique, a lucky find as the shop owner did not know what it was, and wanted to get rid of it!


I made a petit point cushion of a striped tulip, and above the table hangs a heart shaped Venetian mirror from Arjen Spinhoven.  


The tulip is often associated with the Netherlands, but it originates in Persia, where the bloom was considered a symbol of love. 





Wishing you lots of miniature love,

Jonquil







Comments

  1. A gorgeous Vase! It will always be beautiful filled with ever-lasting tulips.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!

    Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful piece to own. Tulips are my most favorite flower of all and displayed in the special vase, makes look even more stunning. I just love cushion you stitched to sit on the chair next to it.
    Anna X

    ReplyDelete
  4. C'est formidable de pouvoir avoir une réplique en miniature de ce que l'on a en taille réelle. La scène pour la Saint Valentin est magnifique et douce. J'aime beaucoup le miroir et bien sûr le coussin.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nunca había visto ese tipo de jarrón. ¡Es precioso! Y los tulipanes también.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a lucky find for your own vase - that doesn't happen very often!
    The mini vase is lovely and thanks for the link to Rachel's site. You've created a lovely little scene and the cushion is such a nice touch too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am amazed at the acuracy of the mini! Both are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sigh.... It's all So Very Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts