This is my first attempt at upholstery, a nursing chair made from a Jane Harrop kit, which I completed in pale blue silk for the parlour. It turned out quite well, but the process taught me a lot about methods - how not to get glue all over the silk, for example!
I had wanted to embroider something for the chair seat, but I am glad I didn't - I would have ruined it with glue. But I did do this cushion a while back, and I htink it oes nicely. I've ordered another chair so that I can have a pair in the parlour by the fireplace.
It is just as well that I am starting to practice my upholstery skills and woodworking, as look what I got in the post!
I designed a few embroideries for the daybed on the left, and chose a simple one, with a repeat.