Thursday, December 5, 2013

Bed Hangings




I have finally found an antique cotton that works well as miniature linen - just fine enough to be in scale, but with a lovely texture, so I made the bed hangings, finally!  I had wanted to use silk, but came up against a lot of problems trying to make it drape properly without damaging the silk.  So I thought a lovely reamy cotton would be the next best thing.













I think it adds just the right amount of colour without losing the sense of white, clean bed linen.  I finished off the pelmet with some 2mm navy blue ribbn to add some contrast.


And of course, we need a matching Provençale style chair ...