Friday, May 25, 2012

Exciting News!





  I've finally bitten the bullet and ordered Daviot House!  The photograph shows what it will look like, and I am very excited.  It should be here within a month, and I can't tell you how happy I am that I finally made a decision, and also found a supplier, Dollshouse Concept, that was able to do the modifications that I needed.

   I know I'm now building it myself, but I think that having a kit means that I won't be frustrated by impossible woodwork, but I can still make the house my own.


   Hopefully I'll be blogging about the progress very soon!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new property. It'll be fun to follow your progress.

    My Tenement came from Dollshouse Concepts and he's a very obliging and helpful chap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irene,

      In fact, I have you to thank about finding Dollshouse Concept - and I'm doubly delighted that it's made in Scotland!

      Thanks for the link - I can't wait to see more of the Tenement, I've found it really inspiring,

      Jonquil

      Delete
  2. Hello Jonquil,
    I have seen some absolutely wonderful dollhouses born from kits. Be it a kit or a scratch house, it remains a collection of boxes. It's what the artist does with it that counts, and I have no fear that you will put your unique touch on this kit and make a work of art that will blow us all away.
    Have a great weekend my friend,
    Big hugs,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project. I will follow your progress.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jonquil! It is a beautiful purchase, this dollhouse. I'll follow the progress with interest.
    I have built (for the reason you mentioned) my own (canal)house. The furnishing is not yet ready......after more than 10 years :(
    Have a great weekend. Greetings, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    the house looks a good size, and full of possibilities! I look forward to seing all your plans unfold!!

    Kits are a great idea, especially if you haven't got loads of tools or space to make one.

    ReplyDelete